View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 07:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm with you Electra. I've been carjacked and almost had my daughter taken in it.

Nope. Nobody can protect my kids like I can. So, if I don't go... they don't go.

I often feel like I'm odd one out on this issue because most people let their kids go. Not me. If they really want to go, we plan a family trip... so they're not missing out on the trip.

I also, am not comfortable with the teacher/kid ratios these days.

Of course mine are 8 and 10 this year... so I don't know what it's like to have a 13 year old yet. And when dd was 6, the neighbour's daughter was crossing the road but I wouldn't let my girl (friend of mine was killed when she was 6, by a motorcycle hit). Then, I thought, I wonder if I'll EVER let her cross the road on her own? (we live on an 80-90 km/hr road)

However, now that she's going on ten, I'm fine with it because I can see that she doesn't 'forget' things the way she did when she was six. So when she's 13, I reserve the right to change my mind.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote