View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 12:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz Migraine View Post
The way the (government) SSDI system works.....
It is YOUR responsibility to get all your documented medical history relating to your disability. On more involved/complicated cases, it is best to get an attorney to represent you. However, it is still YOUR responsibility to get and/or inform all the pertinent information to your attorney. Your attorney can only go by the information you give him/her. It is wise to tell them ALL your treating physicians names, addresses, etc. Let them deal w/whats related & what's not. IT'S THEIR JOB. Remember, the attorney is working for YOU, not the other way around. The attorney (actually their assistant/paralegal) will do the rest.

If you do not have any attorney, be prepared to do a lot of running around and research. What made it easy for me was to do my own research through my local library. Ever see that "Where did you hear/read that?..on the internet commercial?

GOOD LUCK & HANG IN THERE.

I hand delivered my medical records the next day after applying online for disability. I was denied stating they did not have sufficient medical records. They did not list the medical records I had submitted. Even when you make sure that you have all your ducks in a row, SS will lose your info.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote