View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 12:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Tongue Redo SCS on Friday

Nervous about revision. What I have now works ok. It helps significantly, but it's not quite right. Hard to get psyched about laminotomy and my battery incision getting opened up, but it feels like the right call. With the trial, I felt like iron man in jet boots- each leg totally symmetrical full coverage to feet at much lower voltage and pulse widths.

Today I woke up feeling well. Caught up on sleep. Headed to hike a 2000' hill for an early Father's Day hike. 6.5 miles. 3 miles of painless walking - feels like a m1a1 tank is rumbling through my legs. Then I lose the bottom of my feet. The pain goes from 0 to 6 in 10 minutes. It's not gradual. Once I feel it, my brain gets preoccupied. Pain stays at 6 the 2nd half. It is during that 2nd half that I want another functioning channel and there are no electricians i know who can fix my shorting wires. No offense to anybody, but Rap music really speaks to me when I am putting myself into pain. Kanye West & Jay Z work the best.

Now my legs feel fine stim off. The muscles nourished with blood. Aberrant neuroplasticity fought back for one day.

My hiking goal is to complete Mt Diablo 14 miles r/t 3000'. I am halfway there. Hopefully a centered paddle gets me there.

Good session with pain psych. She says work on marriage, take an afternoon to early evening nap NOT 830-10 with my boys. I think it's good advice. She dislikes me being up all night on call (as do i) but i am not ready to give up my starting job. How can I when the Ob RNs say "you are the best epidural guy" and i don't feel like they are sweet talking me.

The irony being is that I need someone much better than me to get my "epidural". Certainly better luck than the last permanent. At least i know i wont get shenanigans this time / treated like crap. Fingers crossed for Friday.

Btw, as I can no longer slay harrowing ski slopes - looking for other hobbies. Target shooting comes to mind. Partly because my existance feels military - every day a new battle. Recs for a city slicker looking to target shoot at a range? I was thinking an AR-15. Any thoughts? Know that their are a few out there that are / were into this. Eh, gonna have to wait a few months on that anyways.
MDinpain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (06-17-2013), eva5667faliure (06-16-2013), Mark56 (06-16-2013)