View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 08:02 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Hey MD

Very Good Post. Lotta detail. Good stuff to ponder.

Have a good deal of respect for you in the "workin hard" department. You are givin it your all, kinda like wonderful friend Pooh, who pulls long hard duty as RN in Nowhere Nebraska. I know she feels your pain, and delivers caring help to those whom she serves. If you are "the epidural guy" then go with it. [too bad you can't self treat on that one...... kinda hard to reach around to make that insert, not to mention the old saying about a professional who treats themselves ].

Mt Diablo. A good goal. Sounds as though you are making excellent strides at "keeping up" the sport routine. Great for you and family! You could always take up recumbent skiing, you know. I may even give it a go next season here at Winter Park, our handicapped winter sports place to be, since I have no feeling knees down.

AR-15? Kinda pricey these days, what with the run on semi-automatic weapons after the government became ever more tense over control. Just a plain old .223 rifle uses same ordinance and gets you into the target zone equally as nice. Besides, when target shooting, you want to breathe and relax, taking it slowly to squeeze. There is nothing rapid about a well placed target shot in the center. Patience is key. Simple to draw a bolt back and load the next round from a three round magazine. You could even get into competition mode if you chose such a pursuit for sport purposes. Your children might even ultimately learn from you and take it up as well. All depends.

Enjoy your Special Day and may your pain be manageable as you await that revision. You are a pro. You know the drill. It will come. You will heal, and all things being considered if the practitioner working IN you has good hands all things should be well.

Hoping and praying all the best for you.
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (06-17-2013), eva5667faliure (06-16-2013), MDinpain (06-17-2013), pooh_ac (06-17-2013)