Thread: SSDI-Jury Duty?
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 09:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Picture of Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by finz View Post
I've gotten called for jury duty a few times since I became disabled, but before I was approved for SSDI.

I couldn't get transportation to jury duty OR sit for any length of time back at that time, so I had to decline serving. I believe my first response to the court was deferring service. A few months later, I got called again. That time I was able to send them documentation from my doctor, because I had an appointment in the interim. I got called again a year or two later and had to repeat the whole scenario. Since getting SSDI, I was called again. I was in a much better place in terms of my pain control and thought I could manage it. I couldn't. I was able to drive down that day, but NEEDED to lay down after I got there. HAD to take meds, then had to lay down in my car for 4 hours until it wore off and I was okay to drive. Not a fun day.

I think they finally have it down that they shouldn't call me anymore.

Every time I see a post from you, I love seeing the picture of the dog. Thanks, it helps since I am no longer capable of caring for a dog. I never thought I would ever be without a dog but life threw me a curve ball. I miss having a dog but it would not be fair to the dog since I have trouble just taking care of myself. Thanks again. I LOVE the picture.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
finz (06-16-2013)