View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 02:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Big Congratulations on your baby boy Marc!!! I hope you continue to feel better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
First the good news:

My wife delivered our first child (it's a healthy boy!) Friday night!

My TOS symptoms are effectively resolved for the time being. My grip strength is better than anytime in the last few years. Ulnar numbness is minimal. Botox was effective in bringing my SCM tension under control.

My neck pain w/headaches and low back pain have been steadily increasing. X-ray has shown lumbar facet joint arthrosis and the same is suspected for the cervical spine and subsequent headaches. Facet joint syndrome is often used as the diagnosis. A 3-day course of Toradol got me through the last few days but the progression resumed as soon I stopped. Medial branch blocks with steroid have had no long term benefit. I'm back to taking Valium & Celebrex w/Percocet as needed as I am trying to get RF ablation repeated on cervical facets and performed on lumbar. I had RF on cervical branches 6 months ago which likely had been wearing off but I never noticed since I was on Percocet post surgery.

I hope the RF does the trick (it worked the first time) and the combination of Botox and RFA every 3-6 months or so can get me back to work and stay there. Physically I am quite capable with no limitations, but the chronic pain is just debilitating.
jkl626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nospam (06-18-2013)