View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 07:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterMyNap View Post
Hi, I'm interested in any personal experiences from those who have used interferons for MS over a period of 10 or more years. Did you stop them? Did you discover any side effects that developed late in treatment? Have you changed multiple times?

I was on Betaseron for about 5 years and developed severe depression which is very much out of character for me. I then switched to Copaxone and have been on it for almost 6 years. I don't feel it is helping and even wonder if it is making me worse. Please tell about your long-term experience with interferons.
Hi! I have not been on it for that long, but I wanted to make sure you knew that the Copaxone is not an Interferon like Beta, and others. It is a synthetic drug. I THINK that would mean it may be better for longterm use, but please don't quote me on that. I just wanted to be sure you were aware of the difference I do know someone on BT that has been on "B" since it has come out. If you would like me to copy/paste your question to her, I can, just let me know
jena1225 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote