View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 07:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Cait best if wishes for the IVIG. I just finished a 5 day series 2 weeks ago (2g/kg). Be sure to stay hydrated and let the infusion nurse if you start to feel any side effects ("a little funny"), that's a sign to adjust the rate they infuse the IVIG at, everyone's different and does have a infusion rate that works for them. Faster is not better.

As this was my first series I did not know what to expect but the process went well, it can and does make you tired though a day or so of rest helps with that. Be aware of the signs of any post infusion complications, ask the nurse for a list.

I ran into one of the complications this past week with a very rare reaction in that one of the antigens attacked my red blood cells causing me to be quite anemic, my red blood cell count dropped by 50%. The symptoms are a very intense fatigue (worse than MG) especially while walking and I had dark urine. To help I did get a transfusion of 2 units of red blood cells.

I'm only mentoning this as a point of note as I found little information on complications and the infusion center gave me no warnings on what to watch out for. Reactions overall are quite rare but can show up several days later like this did for me.

On a good note it has had a absolutely wonderful affect on my MG...I feel the best I have in a very long time.

Best of wishes

Joe
joefnh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (06-16-2013), southblues (06-17-2013)