View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 06:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Matt ~ No one has control over their thoughts. We just don't. They're there, and that's it. And we have no control over depression, because that's caused by chemicals & hormones that get out of whack. Our thinking gets out of whack too -- but therapy can help with this and get us back on track.

Secondly, when these chemicals & hormones are LACKING, then the depression is going to continue, perhaps forever, which is what I have. That's called "clinical depression." I've had it since I was a little girl, about 5 years old. Of course they couldn't treat it back then. I didnt' start getting treatment until I was in my 20's -- so i've been on an antidepressant for about 40+ years. The antidepressants PUT BACK the chemicals & hormones that are lacking. So now that you have the chemicals & hormones, you feel "normal" -- whatever that is. LOL You feel on an even keel; your mood is stabilized, there is no more depression and things are great!!!

Does that help answer anything? If not, then I misunderstood what you were saying.

I hope I helped a little. Let me know if I didn't. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-17-2013), ginnie (06-17-2013), whatsnew2day (07-02-2013)