Thread: Is this normal?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 07:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have posted all my MRI stuff in a previous post - I have congenital stenosis, DDD, bone spurs and the end result is moderate-severe canal stenosis with myelomalacia resulting in myelopathy - but very little pain. They just want to do the surgery so I don't become paralyzed. The neurosurgeon wants to do a 2 level ACDF (I have 3 bad levels but the third is not as bad and because I am only 34, she doesn't want to fuse me that far at this time.) She says the titanium plate will keep everything together until I am fused, which is why I don't need the collar. It still freaks me out though.

After reading everything on here, I am a bit surprised she said 2 months for riding, but I do know that I have an older friend that she operated on and he got the ok to fall off his horse after 2 months as well and has been back on ever since. I don't ride a horse that I am likely to fall off of, and I don't plan to go doing any jumping or anything, though things do happen - I still may just take the rest of this year off and get back on next spring though. Currently I am training him to drive so I at least have something to do with him until then.
silverfae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chicken (06-22-2013), sfink (06-17-2013)