View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 08:32 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Mrs. D.

Thanks for the info. I'll start to drink more water every day and when I next go to Cornell, I'll bring the tests and ask them about the blood pressure med I am on. It's zestoretic. A few months ago, they switched me from the dosage of 20/25 to 20/12 1/2. So we shall see. Maybe they'll take me off the 12 1/2. That's the water pill part. Now I have no idea why I am on a water pill. They keep asking me "do you get up in middle of the night (to pee) 3 or more times?" I say "are you kidding?" I might get up once, but usually I sleep till 5 a.m., get up and go to the bathroom and go right back until 8 a.m. and then I'm up. (I take alprazolam and it just relaxes me so I drift off).

Now Daniella:
You asked about low blood sugar, etc. I do apologize but I only know about my diabetes. I have never had the low blood sugar. Maybe three times in my whole life, if I forget to eat lunch, I'll get to 50, then I say "Oh, I should have eaten lunch". I don't forget any more. If I'm at the laundromat I'll take a banana. I know I have to eat something in the afternoon. This morning my sugar was 115 and my feet are really good this week, so with the combination of the methyl b-12 and my tight sugar control, well, I just keep my fingers (and toes) crossed.

You also mentioned you had anorexia. I DO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THAT because one of my closest friends has had it since she's 15 and she's now 59 and has Stage 3 Lung Cancer, and they can't give her any more chemo because she won't eat. She still is in the ANOREXIA mode in her mind.

She won't take ensure, she screams at anyone who tells her she should weigh more than 100 lbs. Her mother and family members have given up on her. I used to gently speak to her but when I saw her mind set, well forget it. We just accept her and love her. She refuses to be admitted to the hospital. She has signed herself out of so many eating disorder clinics, I can't tell you. Her husband left her years ago because he couldn't take it anymore. She has absolutely no relationship with her daughter. At least her son took her home to his house for Mother's Day. This disorder really devastates family but the anorexic, well, it must really have SOME MIND SET that she can't see the forest for the trees as they say.

The cancer won't kill her, the anorexia absolutely will. She is depriving her body of essential nutrients. She still asks me how many calories is in a piece of lettuce.

So I really commend you for getting your life and your health on track.
I know it must be difficult. I see what my friend has gone through.

You keep on pluggin okay? You're doing great. And I didn't know that anorexia, or low blood sugar can cause neuropathy. Is this possible.???

I hope you find your doctor.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote