View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 04:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New member -Pseudotumor Cerebri

I have recently been diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri. I was shocked to find that so many others have this diagnosis. Mine started when I went to my family doctor because I could hear my heartbeat in my ear. He gave me some steroids and said he thought I had Eustachian tube dysfunction. A month went by and it was still there. I also had recurring headaches. My doctor immediately made me an appointment with an ENT and told me that he thought that I had a tumor.
My ENT was fantastic and things moved very quickly for me. I saw him on Thursday and on Saturday, I was having MRI/MRA/MRV done. I saw the neurologist the very next week who diagnosed pseudotumor. Thank goodness there was no actual tumor. And I am trying not to let this control my life. I have seen my ophthalmologist & everything looks good. My main thing is watching what meds I take with my Diamox and also beginning a journey to lose some weight. My eating habits are better and I work out until the pounding and pressure in my ear and head get to be too much. I was fortunate to have doctors who rushed me through everything just in case it was an actual tumor. I am blessed to find others that I can relate to and are going through this same thing.
tonyawatwood is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote