Thread: Is this normal?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi silverfae

No, if there is a real danger of being paralized you need to do the surgery. That was what happened to me. However I also had the domino effect, and required more surgery 6 years after. C6-7 is the baddie, that can do this.
Bladder troubles however usually are not from the cervical area, but lower lumbar area. I am curious as to which verterbre your doctor is considering doing. Did you go for other opinions? No matter what you decide, that other opinion is really important. I failed to do this, and didn't know the condition of the verterbre above the origionl site of my fusion at C6-7. All the ones above it failed, as they were damaged at the time of the first fusion. I was not told, and I didn't read or understand my MRI. I trusted that first neruo surgeon. BAD mistake, and I paid the price. Because this happened to me, when I talk to people I try to make sure they get that other opinion, and actually understand their MRI's. I came to NT, freaking over having to go through a really extensive surgery as I reversed the curve of my spine during that 6 year interval. Just make sure you have all your facts OK? Just be careful and get the other opinion. Then Go for it, and I do wish you all the very best.
There is hope, remember these things can and do turn out OK. My own fusion is just fine silverfae, and I don't regret doing that second fusion. I turned out OK, and have very little pain considering all that was done. Let me know what happens., I truely care. Leesa does too. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chicken (06-22-2013)