View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 08:51 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

masond,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Sorry to hear of your injury.

You are very early in your recovery. Your symptoms are very common and to be expected.

Absent more serious symptoms, the CT Scan is not needed and a risk of unneeded radiation. BTW, You don't have PCS yet. You have a concussion. Give it 4 or 5 more weeks before you let someone call it PCS.

Most concussions recover spontaneously in the first 6 weeks.

The chiro can help but the twist the head and pop the neck is usually to aggressive. Active Release Technique is designed for older scarred injuries. But, the massage and tissue manipulation can still be helpful. Neck muscle spasms can cause head aches and other PCS symptoms to be aggravated.

It sounds more like you have less of a concussion injury and more of a head and neck injury. The head ache behind the eyes can be from the upper neck injury. If the pain behind your eyes gets worse from reading, watching TV and other visually stimulating tasks, that can be concussion related.

You should be focusing on taking care of your neck. This means good neck posture when resting and sleeping. If you need to turn your head from side to side, turn at your shoulders first. Ice your upper neck frequently.

My recipe for a flexible/crushable ice pack is simple. One part rubbing alcohol with three parts water in a zip lock baggies. Freeze them, three is good, so you can alternate them and always have a frozen one. Ice frequently for 15 minutes on and 30 minutes off and repeat. If you get any stiffness of head ache, get the ice pack out. The upper neck easily gets inflamed cause symptoms. This should make a difference.

Keep us posted.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote