Thread: Is this normal?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 10:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

They are going to fuse C3-C5 - she did comment that my damage is much higher than the normal wear and tear areas. I have some DDD in C5-C6 but she doesn't want to fuse 3 levels on me because I am only just barely 34. But She did say for sure that my urinary issues were due to the neck - you can have cauda equina issues with lumbar stenosis, but she said that everything from the bottom of my chin down is fair game with my stenosis and that there is no end to the combination of weird things it can cause. Sometimes I feel like there is ice water on parts of my body, other times my whole calf goes tingly, and others I get a vibrating sensation in various places. And trying to work on some jewelry tonight (not to mention trying to type without typos) I am realizing that my fine motor skills have deteriorated even beyond where they were when I had to leave my job in April. But that doesn't hurt, so it's hard for me to see it in the same terms as all the people here and in the dr office who are having so much pain.

I have had 2 opinions and I am working on a third, but I suspect my insurance will not pay for it and I doubt that I will get any different information. I am guessing I will have a domino effect and have to have fusion for the C5-C6 area at some point since it is already damaged and is in the high wear and tear area, but I guess if I can keep some mobility for a while, I will take it. I have a 5 year old I have to run around after, and I would like to be able to keep up with her as long as possible =)
silverfae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chicken (06-22-2013)