View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 11:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused MRI Lumbar Spine results

I recently had another MRI of my lumbar spine, due to extreme cramping of my back and my glutes upon walking any distance. Can you please help me with the terminology?

L5-S1 Mild to moderate degenerative disc space narrowing is present at this level, mildly progressed since prior MRI study. A small 2-3 mm right paracentral disc protrusion is again noted as seen previously, but there is now extension of the right-sided disc protrusion out far laterally where it combines with facet hypertrophy to produce moderate right foraminal narrowing. There is now abutment with no definitive compression of the far right lateral L5 nerve root. The left neural foramen remains patent
L4-5 Mild degenerative narrowing and desiccation of the intervertebral disc is again noted. There is very slight anterolisthesis and minimal extradural defect at this level.
L3-4 Moderate degenerative disc space narrowing and desiccation are present at this level. There is now a mild grade 1 spondylolisthesis present measuring 2-3 mm. A minimal generalized defect is suggested at this level resulting in minimal effacement of thecal sac.
IMPRESSION:
Small to moderate right sided disc protrusion at L-5 -S-1 with today's exam showing extension out far laterally on the right where it results in compromise of the right neural foramen. There is abutment without definite compression of far right lateral L5 nerve root however.
Minimal anterolisthesis, minimal annulus disc bulge and mild stenosis at L4-5
New mild grade 1 degenerative spondylolisthesis and small generalized annulus disc bulge at L3-4.

Can anyone help me figure out what all this medical terms mean??
AnnaLee's56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote