View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 08:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks all of you! It's good to know I'm not going crackers (or we all are together haha!).

Number 4 on my list is one I wish I hadn't labelled as panic attacks - I did so in speechmarks because it's something that when I've mentioned it before has been written off as them. While there are some similarities, I have had genuine panic attacks in the past and these are not them. It is a feeling of restlessness, of wanting to kick your legs and get up from sitting/lying and move around, even when in enormous pain, and usually because of being in enormous pain (or at least I think so). It does have a level of "panic" to it.

I've also noticed fluctuations in my body temperature (or my perception of it?) - especially when I can't avoid falling into a daytime nap. It's just happened to me now, I was trying to watch a long RSDSA vid on Youtube, tried to avoid nodding off and couldn't help it for a couple of minutes (according to the timer on the vid it was only 3 minutes and yet I was already dreaming!) woke up feeling excessively warm to the point of wanting to strip naked and sit under a cold shower then run down the street in the buff lol. Sometimes I get sweats on waking, not while I'm asleep and too hot, but within seconds of waking it springs out of me, especially in my CRPS areas (particularly my legs). Other times I can't get warm at all even in summer. I worry about the overheating as this can affect the amount of buprenorphine going into me from my patch. The sweats in my CRPS areas I understand, but this more generalised temperature and sweating issue is a bit odd.

During the worst flares, I find that my "IBS" (still not sure about that diagnosis, it was one of those "We can't understand what's going on so it must be IBS" ones) flares up. Today I have cramping, nausea, pain on going to the loo, bloating, increased need to go to the loo. Often I get very sore RUQ pain alongside a flare, including incredibly hot and burning skin under my right ribs which swells too. Before my CRPS/back problems I was hospitalised twice at which point they thought I had gallstones and the docs witnessed the swelling and redness. I didn't have gallstones. After a pretty horrendous experience of endoscopy, I had a bit of gastritis which didn't explain the RUQ pain and so I got a diagnosis of IBS. I'm beginning to wonder if this RUQ burning along with the "IBS"-type symptoms are actually my CRPS? It's certainly very bad today alongside this more general back pain and CRPS flare.

Thanks for the mention of the patches - I have heard of these before with regards to fainting and assumed they were for low blood pressure rather than high. If they had been for low, I wouldn't have considered asking the docs about them as my blood pressure used to be routinely low and is now creeping higher and higher.
KathyUK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote