View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 10:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Was I Mis-Diagnosed?

i am new here, i just got the results of my latest MRI, i had one of the Brain with and with out contract and my first one of the cervical spine with and without contrast..

here are my questions.. my Brain MRI cane back as "normal", but the Cervical came back with a world of problems it seems.. so, wasi mis-diagnosed?

also, can someone please tell me what the Cervical MRI means.. how bad is it and would it cause MS like symptoms?

BRAIN

HISTORY: Multiple sclerosis.

COMPARSION: MRI brain April 29, 2011.

TECHNIQUE: Multiplanar, multisequence MR images of the brain were obtained with and without IV gadolinium administration (20 mL Magnevist).

FINDINGS:
Normal brain parenchymal morphology and signal intensity is present. Previously reported right frontoparietal lobe subcortical hyperintense STIR weighted signal intensity is not seen on the study. No abnormal decreased T1-weighted signal intensity white matter lesion is evident. There is no diffusion restriction identified.

The septum is located within the midline. The midline structures and craniocervical junction are within normal limits. The ventricles are symmetric without signs of hydrocephalus. No acute intracranial hemorrhage, structural fluid collection, or abnormal mass effect is evident. The dominant flow within the skull base are patent. There is no suspicious post enhancement identified.

The calvarium demonstrates normal marrow signal intensity. The scalp soft tissues are normal. Persistent right posterior mastoid air cells opacifications are seen. Mild mucosal thickening of the ethmoid and left sphenoid sinus are seen. The orbits and it's contents are within normal limits.

IMPRESSION:
No suspicious matter lesion or abnormal restricted diffusion is evident

CERVICAL

HISTORY: Multiple sclerosis.

COMPARSION: No relevant prior studies.

TECHNIQUE: Multiplanar, multisequence MR images of the cervical spine were obtained before and after IV gadolinium administration (20 mL Magnevist).

FINDINGS:
There is preservation of the normal cervical lordosis. The vertebral body heights are preserved without traumatic fracture or dislocation.

The spinal cord demonstrates normal signal intensity without suspicious lesion. The craniocervical junction is within normal limits. No abnormal postgadolinium enhancement is seen.

Mild disc desiccation is present at C3-4. Intervertebral disc space narrowing seen at C5-6.

C2-3: No disc bulge, neural foraminal narrowing or spinal canal stenosis is seen.

C3-4: No disc bulge, neural foraminal narrowing or spinal canal stenosis is seen.

C4-5: Disc osteophyte complex causes mild right and moderate left neuroforaminal narrowing without spinal canal stenosis.

C5-6: Disc osteophyte complex causes moderate left and mild right neural foraminal narrowing. There is moderate spinal canal stenosis with flattening of the spinal cord.

C6-7: No disc bulge, neural foraminal narrowing or spinal canal stenosis is seen. Mild left facet arthrosis present.

C7-T1: No disc bulge, neural foraminal narrowing or spinal canal stenosis is seen.

Paravertebral soft tissues are within normal limits.

IMPRESSION:
1. No suspicious spinal cord lesion is seen.

2. Mild/moderate degenerative change of the cervical spine.

3. Moderate spinal canal stenosis at C5-6.

4. Mild right and moderate left C4-5 and C5-6 neuroforaminal narrowing
briancrotts is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (06-24-2013), Snoopy (06-18-2013)