View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 11:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
I just sent an e-mail to my attorney. I have not heard from him since our first meeting about 6 weeks ago. I realize there is a lot of just "waiting" so how frequent should I expect contact between myself and my attorney?
Call your atty if no response to your email within 24-48hrs. If you have to leave a message, remind the atty politely yet firmly that he/she is working for YOU, not the other way around. You expect a call back within that day. Also remember that you are not the atty only client.

If you are waiting for an ALJ date, there is nothing for the atty to do but to gather all your current medical records up to the date of your hearing. The atty will contact you either by phone or letter if he/she needs anything further from you - seeing any new doctors, etc.
Once you have a date, approximately a week or two prior to the hearing, the atty more than likely will have you come to their office to "prep" you. Any questions you may have, write them down and take them to your "prep" appt.
On the day of your hearing while you are waiting to be called in, the atty will further discuss your "prepness."<---- Is that such a word?

GOOD LUCK!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (06-18-2013)