View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 12:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Also in L.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtipple View Post
In June 2010 I was in a Car Accident that changed my life: I was rear ended at a red light by someone going 45 mph. I was diagnosed with a sprained back and severe whiplash. I was treated by chiropractic for 8 months which only made things worse. I then started on PT for many more months that again, made things worse. In DECEMBER 2011 I was finally Diagnosed with TOS by Dr. Williams at Kerlan and Jobe. I got a right and left scalene block in Jan of 2012 and tried the Feldenkrais Method of PT through March 2012. The PT helped my posture but also caused more pain. I started on a new PT with weight lifting because I desperately wanted to get back in the gym. I got about a month of relief in 2012 from the block with the weight lifting and then the pain was back. Omg. So...I got another R & L Scalene block done in December of 2012. Dr. Williams said that because i got some relief, it meant it was worth trying again. I was in and out of the gym this whole time because my job relies on being fit. But every day, I was in pain, including now. I got about another month of relief from the second set of blocks and now I am back to square 1. I got botox injections 2 weeks ago as a last resort before surgery but now I can't lift my head to even wash my face. I am so over being in pain and I am scared that this is going to be the rest of my life. i am going back to Dr. Williams today to find out why the heck I can't life my head. After this last scare with the botox, I have decided to put off surgery, it's just too scary, plus I have TOS in both the right and left sides. I am hoping that I can find a good therapist to who specializes in Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. Does anyone have a success story with a PT or Chiro In LA? I live in the Valley, so closer is always helpful. I just want to be healed of this already! I am early 30's and afraid I will have to live with this chronic pain for the rest of my life. Any advice is highly appreciated.
I had a similar reaction to the botox except it was my shoulder and neck that was frozen and I couldnt use my arm. it went away tho after a few weeks. I am also in L.A. and saw Dr. williams but then picked Dr. Jordan as my main Dr. yes he is expensive but a great diagnostician.In terms of Pt's.I swa Joyce wilkinson first but was not improving then , I saw Dr. Ando in O county-for 9 months and he helped me tremendously-by adjusting my ribs mostly. Now I am trying Dr. Lider Chan who Dr. Jordan recommended . He is in Westwood. More of traditional modalitities but sees alot of patients with TOS. He is starting me gently on pilates exercises but this is after more than a year of treatment. DOnt lift weights or do anything that hurts! I also do trigger point injections with Dr. Aufiero at Orthohealing in W. L.A. and that helps me alot. You can read my thread : JKL"S Journery or how I saw all the Dr's in L.A. for more in depth info.
jkl626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote