View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 12:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, sleep is just absolutely critical. There are so many nights when I can't sleep and I just wish someone would come by and bop me on the head with a 2x4! You just have to do everything you can to help you sleep - every minute of sleep is critical. Pathetic, but true!

I know you said somewhere that you tried the nature sounds and they didn't work - keep trying, when you get a bit of time. I had to go through about 20 or 30 to find just the right one. It's an ocean sound, but just the right ocean sound - the other 5 ocean sounds weren't just right We're just so darn sensitive that the smallest things can set us off! The others had too much volume variability (really quiet to a huge wave crashing in) or loud seagulls, or too long between the waves (you start to wonder if it stopped, then a huge wave rolls in). This one is just right, and I use it every night, and it really helps. Also, we're going to a doctor that practices TCM (Traditional Chinese medicine) and she's given us some tea to drink in the afternoon and before bed that seems to settle us down - perhaps try that? (unfortunately more time and money; so irritating!)

DJhasty - no kidding - sometimes people will walk right into you! But what's more irritating is how people will constantly cut in front of a wheelchair or scooter. I was with my son (he was in a wheelchair at the time; he uses a scooter now that he's older) at Disneyland once, and we were at a complete standstill at a narrow place in the street; people kept cutting in front of us. There was this lady at a cafe table watching the whole thing. She finally stood up and yelled "Would you people just let the little handicapped kid go THROUGH!" People stopped dead in their tracks, looked at us, and motioned us through
SloRian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Djhasty (06-20-2013)