View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 01:01 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Berus,

Ok, so the fistula formed near teeth #17 (impacted wisdom tooth) and 18 (second molar).
Is #18 a root canaled tooth? What is the health of this tooth? Does it have a large filling or crown?

What site did the surgeon leave the piece of tooth in?
What site did the dry socket occur?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berus View Post
Hi Bryanna,

Thanks for getting back to me. OK, to answer your question, the fistula appeared on the gumline beneath the molar located right next to the lower left wisdom tooth. That wisdom tooth was sideways under the gumline and invisible below the surface of the gum, impacted onto the molar which developed the fistula. The fistula burst, and drained over the course of the week I waited (with bronchitis) to get the 4 wisdom teeth taken out. I should also mention that there is an INTENSE cold-sensitivity in the fairly large pocket left by the removal of that tooth. The pain is largely non-existent at this point aside from that, UNTIL about 7:30 pm each evening, at which time it kicks in at that same spot, and radiates upward and beneath the other lower teeth on my left side. It is well controlled by 2 Advil, and I have no trouble sleeping after I take those.

Thanks again for your attention and advice on this!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote