View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 01:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'll try to help:

C2-3 & C3-4 are Normal

C4-5 Bone spur complex causes mild right and moderate left neuroforaminal narrowing. The foramen are the holes that the nerves pass thru to get to the spinal cord. Yours are getting narrow. The spinal canal is ok.

C5-6 Bone spur complex causes moderate left and mild right neuroforaminal narrowing. (See above.) There is moderate spinal canal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal) with flattening of the spinal cord.

C6-7 Mild Facet Arthrosis The facets are the "wing-like" structures on each side of the spinal cord. They can sometimes be seen and felt, when you hunch your back over. Arthrosis is degenerative disease of a joint.

C7-T1 Normal

Impression: Mild/moderate degenerative changes of cervical spine. By that he means degenerative disc disease which everyone gets as they age. There is nothing we can do about it. Degenerative disc disease is when the discs dry out, and they flatten and tend to bulge/herniate.

The area that concerns me is C5-6 where the stenosis causes FLATTENING of the SPINAL CORD. I don't really like the sounds of that.

I think I would take my films to a NEUROSURGEON for an OPINION ONLY and see what he has to say. IF he suggests surgery, take the films to 2 MORE Neurosurgeons, as surgery should be a last resort after all conservative methods have been exhausted!!!

I must tell you that I am NOT a doctor, but have researched this "stuff" for 28 years. If you have any questions, let me know. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote