Thread: My Mri finally
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 02:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi ~ I'll try to help

First, there is multilevel facet arthrosis -- the facets are the "wing-like" structures on each side of the spinal cord. Sometimes you can see and feel them if you hunch your back over. Arthrosis degenerative disease of the joint.
There is also ACTIVE inflammatory arthritis and ankylosis of the left C4-5 facet joint. Ankylosis is stiffness or fixation of a joint by disease or surgery. The curvature of the neck is not normal - this can be caused by muscle spasms.

C2-3 Minimal annular disc bulge. Facet hypertrophy mildly narrows right neuroforamen. Facet hypertrophy is overgrowth of bone. The neuroforamen are the holes that the nerves pass thru to get to the spinal canal. Yours are becoming narrow.

C3-4 Same as above

C4-5 Normal

C5-6 "

C6-7 Uncovertebral bone spurs result in mild to moderate narrowing of neuroforamina/mostly on right. (see above)

C7-T1 Annular disc bulge and right foraminal protrusion abutting the cord without compression resulting in moderate to severe narrowing of the right neuroforamen. (see above)

I'm afraid I CANNOT explain the should MRI. I'm only good at cervical and lumbar MRI's. I'm sorry. Perhaps if you posted ONLY your shoulder MRI, someone would be able to explain that. I hope so anyway!! Maybe if you posted it TO DUBIOUS personally -- he's excellent!!

If you have any questions, let me know, ok? Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote