View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 02:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't feel they wait forever and ever or until you have a really bad MS attack, they just cannot give meds without a diagnosis.

The meds, like Sally wrote, can come with some serious side effects, as it is. Even with a clear diagnosis. And they are just to slow progression, hopefully, and not halt nor reverse any damage that has formed on the myelin sheath from the illness, itself.

I didn't fare well, on the meds, either. Not that my illness, increased or anything like that, just the side effects, reactions and the rejection of interferons(I have been on Copaxone for several year, prior to interferon). I'm not going to try the tysabri, right now. Personal decision.

As far as symptom treatment, unless I am in a flare, I really am not experiencing much. Anxiety and Depression can go along with MS, sometimes, and I've been treated for that. I use yoga exercises to keep myself strong and reduce fatigue. I watch my weight, with eating rather healthy and I come to groups, such as NT, to ensure that I have a strong support system, to get feedback from others that get what this illness is all about.

Hope you are able to find some answers to the symptoms you are experiencing. My battle with MS began with optic neuritis. I am grateful, each day to wake up and be able to see clearly. And when I do have flares, I trust by virtue of past experience with this illness, it will clear up...may take a few months, but that's my MS, in a nutshell.

My neurologist once told me, that after 7 years, if this was the worst I have had, this would most likely be the worst it will get.

Just waiting for menopause so I can test his theory.
GladysD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (06-18-2013)