View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 04:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default First Rodeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
I do think you should view, and copy your SS file, and then make notes prior to meeting with your attorney. If you can add a letter from any of your docs pertaining to function and/or get an RFC form completed, it can still be added.

Were you turned down with another application previously? If so, file will be added to your current one. A CD of the transcript would be helpful. Or, even reading the denial very carefully. (Post as much as you're comfortable with.)
This is my first rodeo with SS disability. I postponed filing for disability for several years thinking I would get help from some doctor and be able to return to the workforce. I have continued to pay into the system by doing work from home at my own pace, NOT substantial work. I earn about $300 a month doing some clerical work for a friend. I think they just want to help me and knew I would not accept charity. I struggle to even do this little bit.

About the RFC form......... how does one get a doc to complete it? I am from a large metropolitan area and getting more than 15 minutes with a doc is nearly impossible. My only hope of having one completed would be from my pain management doc.

Getting any kind of information from anyone is worse than pulling teeth except here. Thank goodness I found this forum. It has been a tremendous help. I have read the NOLO book, done research online, etc. And it is difficult to even ASK questions about things you do not know exist.

Thanks so much for your participation here and your help.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote