View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 09:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Choroid Plexus Cyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1 View Post
They found evidence of a possible colloid cyst with my first 2 ct scans,.then I was sent for a MRI which confirmed the mass in the forman of monroe.Mine was fairly large was deep-rooted,..and had been there for a long time.I waited for about a year before I had my surgery is why things got complicated for me. So if you discover a colloid cyst, I personally feel it should be taken care of asap.
Started in Feb. 2012...After having a headache for a month, I had my wisdom teeth removed thinking this was the problem. Didn't help. I went to my PCP and she ordered a CT, they first reported a "12cm" cyst. When I met with her to go over the findings they said in the report it was nothing to worry about and I should followup with my PCP for the headaches I was suffering from as the cysts was not the cause.
History about myself...took care of my mother who passed from cancer lesions in the brain 2002...Husband diagnosed in 2004 GBM passed in 2006...sister soon after diagnosed with a long standing tumor in the hippocampus region. For symptoms, I would say I've had some experience to know my own body and be able to "CONNECT THE DOTS!!"
I called my late husbands old doctor for a favor in MA to look at the CT, he said they are terrible images and really should have an MRI, so I did. Size went down by half, but now I have 2! YEAH !! Still they say my symptoms have nothing to do with the cysts and send me on my way. My PCP is connected with the hospital and is going to now prescribe meds to get the headaches under control. (I'm not one to pop pills, never have been never will be, but currently take topamax 2xdaily
Things are slowly getting worse for me and I don't think I'm going to get anyone to listen. I got my PCP last year to get my insurance to ok a visit to a neurologist in Burlington Vermont but they said the same thing.
The constant presser in my head doesn't go away. The meds do not work all the time. Sometimes a sharp pain happens as if someone has just released a small marble with a sling-shot thru my head. It actually feels small and like it has a direction it goes in I have an appointment with my PCP soon 'cause I recently missed some work...head hurt so bad slightest movement hurt.
Thing is, I don't even think they told me what type of cyst:
Any suggestions??
brokenroad05 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote