View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 10:05 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelpel View Post
Thank you so much for all those details. You actually touched a little bit on everything. Unfortunately, there was no payments from WC, and QME reports are made only after the doctor's evaluation, and those are in person, at least once a year, for last 3+ years.
SSDI only allowed to apply after 12+ months of disability .So SDI exhausted.
And the concern was regarding the UI benefits, you mentioned about that.
However, the question is still open, how one can survive once Disabled (unable to engage in any gainful activities), SDI already exhausted, and no other source of income, or medical insurance???? How you can get a doctor to write a report, if no insurance available?
Do you know if SSDI has any programs that would allow that transition?
If you read the Catch 22 sticky at the top of the forum, you'll get my long winded version of the economics issues. I'm a big proponent of LTD insurance now! Living paycheck to paycheck is very dangerous...

Approval can take YEARS.

If you have no income and few assets, you'll likely qualify for Medicaid.

You're claiming a WC injury, and yet you've never received TTD benefits? Are you expecting to receive a Permanent Disability Rating? Do you have a WC attorney?

SS doesn't give more weight to a QME report than your WC Primary Treating Physician. Are you receiving ongoing medical care? (I see my PCP at least 1x per month.)
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote