View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 10:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

There's nothing wrong with questioning a dentists work. I wish now I had checked out this whole crown thing before i signed a contract and shelled out $1,100 per crown. If I had it to do over again I would have simply had my 47 year old metal fillings replaced and maybe just one crown on a single jaw tooth that had cracked. I think was so impressed by a couple of other people's crowns I suppose. They looked great and they had no trouble whatsoever and they were all done in 6 or 8 weeks or so they said.

You may have read about or seen on national news about the dentist here in Oklahoma whose unsterile horrific conditions have led to thousands of patients having to be tested for Hepatitis C and HIV infection by the county health department. They were reusing needles and not properly sterilizing their dental tools. Several people have tested positive for Hep C and HIV. His specialty was extraction, and so he had thousands of referrals from other dentists. Another lawsuit was filed today by someone who contracted Hep C and had no risk factors other than going to this dentist.
Murtain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote