View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 09:09 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Murtain,

I will repost your last paragraph and follow with my answer in bold.

<<<He x-rayed it and showed me a dark spot on the x-ray which he called a "bubble" but he did not explain what exactly it might be. I was put on Amoxicillin andf told to come back in a week. It does not hurt as mucgh as before, but it is still painful and sensitive even after a Lortab or two. This is worrying me and I think I might need a second opinion.>>>

IF I AM UNDERSTANDING YOU CORRECTLY, THE DARK SPOT SEEN ON THE XRAY THAT WAS REFERRED TO AS A BUBBLE IS ACTUALLY AN INFECTION. IF IT IS AT THE ROOT TIP OF THE TOOTH IT IS CALLED A APICAL LESION. THIS IS A CYST THAT FORMS AT THE ROOT OF THE TOOTH WHEN THE BACTERIA INSIDE OF THE TOOTH HAS PROLIFERATED THROUGH THE APEX (ROOT TIP) INTO THE JAW BONE. IF THE DARK AREA WAS SURROUNDING THE TOOTH THEN IT ALSO INDICATES INFECTION. BOTH OF THESE THINGS MEAN THE TOOTH IS INFECTED AND THE INFECTION HAS SPREAD.

THE ONLY WAY TO REMOVE THE INFECTION IS TO REMOVE THE TOOTH. YOUR DENTIST WILL PROBABLY SUGGEST A ROOT CANAL AND/OR PERIODONTAL SCRAPING OF THE ROOT SURFACE OF THIS TOOTH AND/OR AN APICOECTOMY ... NONE OF THESE PROCEDURES WILL CURE THE INFECTION BECAUSE THE TOOTH ITSELF IS THE SOURCE OF THE INFECTION AND IT WILL CONTINUE TO BE THE SOURCE OF THE INFECTION AS THERE IS NO PROCEDURE OR MEDICATION TO MAKE THE TOOTH HEALTHY AGAIN.

Symptoms can temporarily subside with antibiotic use. But this does not mean the infection is gone or better... it just means the bacteria count and inflammation is temporarily less while on the medication. The symptoms will recur and often be worse than initially. So if your dentist prescribes another round of antibiotics and says this will cure your problem ..... it won't.

Your situation is very typical and seen every day in most dental offices. Conventional dentists will convince you to treat this with a root canal and lead you to believe that the rc or apico will cure the problem. As you can see just on this forum alone.... most of the problems that people write about are related to their root canaled teeth. The stories are repetitively the same because the problem is the tooth remains infected irrelevant of the procedure that is done to it.

I know this information is not what you wanted to hear.... I only provide the facts and speak the truth of the matter to help people become better informed as their dentist is not likely to take the time to do that. If you wanted a second opinion to your current dentist... you may try to seek out a Biological dentist as these dentists understand the consequences of retaining an ill tooth. You could check out www.iaomt.org to see if there is one in your area.

Hope this was helpful to you.....
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murtain View Post
Hello...first time poster here and this is my first time. Back last Feb. I began the process of having 8 crowns made and installed if that is the correct word. Here it is in June and not done yet, and there have been some problems. First the dentist drilled out the old metal fillings which were put in in 1966 on Guam by a USAF dentist. Then he filled and shaped the teeth (all bottom jaw teeth on both sides) and put on temp. crowns. These came loose on one side and had to be replaced twice.
Finally the perm. crowns arrived, but one of these would not fit, and the dentist broke a piece off the adjacent crown while trying remove the excess cement towards the gum line. So they had to order two more perm. crowns. Meanwhile I began having pain and sensitivity underneath one other tooth on that same side. I could not bite down on that tooth or even touch it without pain. Now the pain has moved downwards and hurts along the gum/root line. I can also feel a lump below that same tooth.
He x-rayed it and showed me a dark spot on the x-ray which he called a "bubble" but he did not explain what exactly it might be. I was put on Amoxicillin andf told to come back in a week. It does not hurt as mucgh as before, but it is still painful and sensitive even after a Lortab or two. This is worrying me and I think I might need a second opinion.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anneo59 (06-21-2013), ginnie (06-20-2013)