View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 04:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
I'm inclined to agree with you, and thanks for posting the link, because it illustrates one of my points very well. It helps to consider the source of anything we may read on the web. Potsdam is well-known as a "party school" (though it's no longer making the lists. I know, because I went there ). The article was written by a Sociology professor -- not a medical doctor. His audience is primarily made up of students, whose standards of what constitutes "moderate" with regard to alcohol consumption are quite different than the general population. All in all, knowing the town and the school, I'm inclined to regard his definition of "moderate" on the liberal side.

I think that's laudable.

We do whatever we need to do, short of things we know will be harmful in the long run. I posted a link to lots of articles of ways & techniques. They don't all work for everyone, which is why I posted the search. We all have to find what works for us.

Best wishes,

Doc
Smith -- Do you think that drinking 2/3 beers every day is better than drinking a 6 pack in one day? I would think that the alcohol build up would be worse, where as the one day scenario would at least give you time to detox it, (in fact, an entire week before your next drinking episode) especially if you drink a lot of water in between and afterward. -- Curious about your opinion on this.
Jesse M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote