View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 04:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Why should I give up beer?

I did give it up for l four months after my August 28th injury, just because that seemed like the thing to do. I started having one or two beers occasionally, meaning two or three times a week, at the start of the new year. Since then, I recovered my cognitive function, got over my vertigo, but i had two major setbacks with my photosensitivity and eye strain. Now I'm starting to wonder if I should quit drinking again to let me brain heal, but I don't really understand why. Can someone explain why? Thanks!
I have recovered my cognitive function, and I've overcome severe vertigo through sensory integration therapy. Wellbutrin has helped me escape depression. I have recently had a few stress-related migraines, as well as headaches stemming from eye strain. I'm also dealing with tinnitus, lack of stamina, extreme light sensitivity, and eye pain. Diagnosed with 9 different vision issues: convergence insufficiency, pursuit eye movement deficit, egocentric visual midline shift, photophobia, visual information processing delays, accommodative insufficiency, saccadic eye movement deficit, lack of coordination, and central peripheral visual integration deficit.

*First concussion: October 2010. I was pregnant and got rear ended. I associated my mild PCS symptoms with baby brain and blamed my light sensitivity on allergies and dry eyes.
*Second concussion: December 2011. I hit my head on a wooden beam, saw stars but did not lose consciousness, and I had very disturbing PCS symptoms but didn't go to the doctor.
*Third concussion: August 2012. I caused a car accident as a result of PCS symptoms. Thankfully no one was injured but me. My husband confronted me, and I finally sought help and took medical leave from work. My symptoms worsened, and I developed severe vertigo.
*Fourth concussion: November 2012. I was riding in a car with a friend and we were hit head on by a driver who lost control of her car. I didn't have a big increase in PCS symptoms.
DFayesMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote