View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 05:23 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi socasusie,

I will copy and paste my previous suggestion...
"Also, vitamin C reduces the effectiveness of anesthetic whereas the B complex enhances the effectiveness. So avoid vitamin C prior to the extraction... take it afterwards for healing.... and take a B complex supplement 1-2 hours prior to the appt. if you can."

It is best to have your diet menu prepared ahead of time as it is just easier to have what you need instead of having to go get it or make it. You will be eating soft foods for several days. It is ideal to eat nutritiously (organic and non gmo if possible)and avoid all sugars, including sugar substitutes.

Some nutritious foods would be....
Eggs, home made soups with plenty of veggies, veggie juices (home made in a blender), fruits without seeds, baked chicken cut up small, red potatoes or yams, healthy smoothies without sugar, plain unsweetened yogurt and add your own fruit to it. Incorporate greens into your juice mixtures like kale or cucumber.... even parsley! Drink plenty of filtered water throughout the day as you are healing. Take a probiotic like Culturelle daily prior, during and after the surgery for several weeks if not indefinitely to restore the good bacteria in your intestinal tract.

I'm sure you can think of many other soft foods. If not then do a google search for soft food diet... just be mindful of the unhealthy suggestions

Having Lupus or other auto immune disorders is something to be mindful of any time you have any type of surgery. It is imperative to take very good care of your self afterwards to avoid or minimize a flare up.

I'm sure you will do well! Keep us posted

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by socasusie View Post
One more question-my appt is Friday. What vitamin B? One that has all of, or something else? Sorry, there were several choices. Lol!

Also, you always seem to have good suggestions on for after dental work. I have lupus on top of having this done- any suggestions besides protein shakes with fruit?
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote