View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 07:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hiya - I followed the instructions from one of the threads on here, and didn't have quite enough to do it as strong as many do on here. It did say to have the water as hot as you can stand, which isn't very hot for me, so it was my usual bath temperature. My feet swelled and turned purplish red. I was ready for the stinging as I'd read a fair bit on here, but I wasn't ready for my feet turning to balloons and changing colour like that, and wow the pain was bad. My feet aren't my main area of CRPS, although I was starting with mild symptoms in them. Since that bath they have been much worse. I can't remember if it was Bram who suggested it might be down to the sulphur or someone on another board (my head is really bad today, sorry for my terrible memory). It makes sense as since this happened I've looked into the foods that set off my IBS and they are sulphur rich too (onions being the worst culprit lol).

I've found "magnesium oil" on eBay and they sell it in Holland and Barrett, so I'm going to try that. It's magnesium chloride in water. If I have the same reaction to that then it blows my theory out of the water lol. Definitely won't touch epsom salts again. It's funny as I haven't had that reaction to the generic aromatherapy bath salts, are they generally based on something else?
KathyUK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote