View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 09:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I don't know about the rest of your symptoms, but I just wanted to say that cdiff can be carried as a normal flora in the human gut, especially if family members are colonized. The only time it becomes a problem is when you take antibiotics which kill off the normal intestinal flora that would generally keep the cdiff in check and they are allowed to grow out of control as they are highly resistant to antibiotics. Once they are growing out of control, they still have to be the type of cdiff that secretes the toxin that causes you to be sick, so you can even carry cdiff that is resistant to antibiotics but isn't the cause of your illness. It's similar to E. coli - we normally carry a large amount of E. coli in out gut and it helps us to digest our food, but if you get the wrong kind of E. coli (specifically the O157:H7 strain) it releases a toxin and you get sick.

Also, have you had an MRI of your cervical spine? I had a lot of the symptoms that you have and my doctor gave me a fibro dx but I am finding now that I have spinal cord compression and it causes a lot of the same symptoms.
silverfae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote