View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 11:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greany79 View Post
Wow, I am sorry that you're going through all of that. I hope that you find relief.

I am currently going nuts in pain. I extracted this tooth to help myself feel better, and instead, I triggered more pain that I ever could have imagined. I am currently sitting here with burning pain in the tooth adjacent to the extracted tooth, burning in my scalp, a feeling of fluid under my eye/pressure under the eye, burning in my ear, on the tip of my ear, and a strange taste in my mouth only on the left side with burning only on the left side of my tongue. My dentist is insistent there is 'no infection'. Needless to write, I am scared, and disheartened, and feel trapped in a weird hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Greany,

What did the cardiologist say? Did he perform any tests? What were his thoughts on the Levaquin issue?

Hi Bryanna, I have been spending time with family, trying to relax from all of this nonsense that is still going on. I had an echocardiagram and I am waiting for those results. He had no opinion on the Levaquin.

Are you still using the Peridex? I would stop using that if it were me because as I said previously the extraction site looks burned and that rinse could be irritating it. Salt water is truly the best and safest to rinse with.

No, I am not using it. I use saltwater.

Was there any sinus exposure when this tooth was removed? Was there an apical area (dark spot on the xray at or near the end of the root) on the xray indicating an infection at or above the root?

There was an apical lesion on the root canaled tooth (on one of the roots). Allegedly no sinus exposure, according to all dentists that I have seen. Sometimes over the years I'd get a weird taste that smelled like my root canal did when it was worked on (awful). Although, I still have a weird numb/full feeling on the left side of my palate. I have a strange slightly bitter/acidic taste on that side of my mouth/tongue that causes nausea, and I just feel kind of off. I have pressure on the muscle next to my nose, and when I press on it, I have increased nausea. The ENT that I saw insisted that I have no sinus infection, even though that sinus feels funny. I am tired of the gaggy sensation I have. That entire side of my palate just feels weird/tastes weird. I have a swollen occipital node on the left (same side), I broke out on only the left side with acne (whole body), and my scalp is still burning only on that side. I am totally scared, but more scared that no doctor, specifically dentist, seems to want to acknowledge that there could be infection. All I hear is 'The extraction side looks clean.' The bone on the outside of the jaw right above the extraction side is a little tender and has a couple of tiny painful bumps. I just want things to taste better/feel normal. My eye is also kind of blurry/exudes crust sometimes. There is no fever and little redness. Just looking at it it DOES look normal, I'd guess. But, I definitely am responding negatively to taste/feel/and just feeling off on that side. I have worked myself into a tizzy about this, worried that my extraction triggered chronic fatigue, a cavitation/necrosis, because I am SO tired, and feel kind of depressed/off. I don't know who to see or what to do, as all dentists/oral surgeons seems to be the same here w/r/t necrosis ('Why would you think you have that?').

I have no sores in my mouth, I have never had shingles in the past.

Do you have any sores in your mouth? Have you ever had shingles or herpes infection in the past?

Bryanna
Thank you for taking the time to respond to me!
greany79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote