View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 11:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default better late than never

I've been reading...very busy with life and loving it y'all.

Dear MD,

I feel your apprehension about laminectomy …I am happy I did not know what the word meant until after surgery.
My rep (we have the same units…Medtronic Adaptive Stim) corrected me saying my paddle is at T 7…saying any higher can cause spasm at rib lines. I did experience severe stabs of pain likened to a runners stitch behind my shoulder blades…totally subsided 2 months post op and only rears its head when I overdo. My coverage is totally side to side and from my bra strap to my toes. I am now physically stronger and using it low and constant I have gone from up to 5 Loritab (7.5) a day to 2-3 in half tab increments. I am 13 months post op.

I have listened to rap as far back as Big Daddy Kane and find the guttural/ bass/lower chakra vibe works for me exercising. I found it so poignant your phrase “put myself in pain”...I do that too…I am so afraid that if I stop pushing I may freeze up again. (hurry Dorothy get the oil can). Getting strong again has brought back the fight in me..keep at it Epidural Master…you are very needed.

Seems to me the pain psyche has given sound advice that resonates with you….I trust you are receiving the benefit of practicing the advice. I do not remember my parents putting me to bed at night…I do remember how special it was to have my Mom lay down for a nap with me…she was all mine right next to me…I felt special.

I can’t give an opinion on a hand gun…I am a shotgun/rifle girl…shoot skeet....used to hunt responsibly.

My thoughts are with you tomorrow….get with us on the other side.

Miracles are supposed to happen!!!
Johanna*
Hannabananna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-25-2013), Mark56 (06-20-2013), MDinpain (06-21-2013)