View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 11:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Please remember information from our group should never be posted on facebook.

Hi everyone, I recently had a shock. I thought I would share it so that everyone would remember our commitment here to each others privacy
About 6-9 months ago my niece insisted I signup for facebook, good intentions, trying to get me to connect more.
The first thing that happened is that facebook took hold of my old business address book and invited everyone to be my friend. I should have closed it then.
but that is not what this post is about . this post is about our group here. When my niece got me to sign up it looked like thmy life might be improving . I was looking forward to the pump etc. however what actually happened was a lot went wrong and I was very ill for the next several months.

The next time I went on face book an acquaintance from this site who had become a friend, we met once outside of the site and stayed in tough through the board and emails maybe a phone call per year. However not for abut a year.

Apparently seeing the Facebook page of mine she had posted a question about my pump. then when she didn't get a prompt response she posted again. then she got mad. she told virtually the world I had a pump, demanded to know what controlled substances I was on . asked if I was still taking morphine and then verbally spanked me for not responding.
Wow was I shocked at the invasion of my privacy.
I had told no one except my family about the pump.
I felt put at high risk as she virtually told the world I was taking controlled substances. Please keep in mind I have already had to move once because someone was staling me for my oral pain meds.
Please everyone remember what ever is shared and learned here stays here.

What may not seem private to some is very private to another.
Also you never know why that person has not responded personally I had had two emergency surgeries. you know what that means all I had gained was lost.
Thanks for listening, I hope this stops someone's else from accidently invading someone's privacy or hurting them.
CZ
CZZ74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (06-23-2013), ALASKA MIKE (07-14-2013), cait24 (06-21-2013), Djhasty (06-22-2013), Hopeless (06-20-2013)