View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 12:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
We don't use hot water on the Peripheral Neuropathy forum here.

Lukewarm only. Heat can flare us with PN.... we avoid that.

I've been doing epsom salts for many years, never had a reaction to lukewarm water.

There is also a limit to how much can be absorbed from water...
here is a link:

http://www.epsomsaltcouncil.org/arti...um_sulfate.pdf

I know that topical absorption does change with the product used.... The old CVS lotion did work for me a bit...but the new Morton Epsom Lotion is really good. I've been able to come off 3 blood pressure pills and now only take a small dose of beta blocker as a result. It also takes down my swelling left foot within hours! Something in this lotion base is improving absorption. It is creamier than the old CVS (which was discontinued).
Yep, I can't tolerate hot water so the bath was luke warm, I was worried that I wouldn't get a good effect but wasn't expecting a really bad one like that, it was scary to be honest. I suppose it was just some sort of allergic reaction and given my IBS the sulphur theory rings true, but we'll see. I wouldn't risk trying it again to test my theory, it caused so much pain and swelling and I'm in a long flare at the moment now as it is without adding to it. I'm going to try the magnesium chloride sprays/flakes as I'd really like to be able to give the magnesium a proper shot. If I react badly to that too, I'll have to rethink. I'm not convinced the dietary supplement route is for me given how much less you get through to your system, how much longer it takes to build up levels and how it effects the stomach. Just going to play it safe for now. Thanks for all the info! I wonder if the chloride or other forms are available in creams? I will have a google.....
KathyUK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote