View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 01:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

ALWAYS keep everything on the highest private settings on your FB. You dont personally know the person, so do NOT add them as a friend. If it hurts there feelings that you cant be facebook buddies, oh well! If your personal family and friends know about your health, ask them to not talk about it publicly. Some people dont know that and dont understand why, so explain why. I have had 2 friends ask about my health and how im doing in a post on my fb wall, I quickly deleted it, and then I messaged them and told them that I would tell them privatly, for my privacy since not everybody knows about my stuff and I prefer to keep it that way and they understood then and its never happend again. Also NEVER talk about yout meds! Not even with friends! I have talked on here about them, but I obvisly use an alias, and none of my friends come on here or family. Your meds are between you and 1 other person you know you can aboustly trust, so that way incase you need to go to the hospital and your unable to speak, that person can. And if you dont want to tell anybody at all, then keep a list on you at all times or get a medic alert bracelet (i have one) and they will keep your meds listed and all other health issues in there computer system, so that way EMS or hospital can call them and get all health info. And again, Keep your meds LOCKED up, at all times! Again its for your safety and others. Some of us are on very potent meds and alot of them, and you dont want somebody to know you have them and steal them.
tos8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CZZ74 (06-22-2013), Jomar (06-20-2013)