View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 12:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Just staying in touch

I'm glad for the new forum. I think one of the other problems PCS and MTBI patient's have that frustrates their recovery is they cannot organize their thoughts enough to be advocates for themselves. I am a parent of a PCS 16 year old and he frequently is unable to articulate his symptoms and he used to say he didn't realize he had a headache until hours later and then needed to be told to take medicine. How sad! It still brings tears to my eyes. He is much better and has so much more mental stamina to his day. I caught him running across a field, showing off when there were girls around the other day and yelled at him to stop. He felt good and impulsively ran while playing frisbe. I guess this is good. We will gradually do schoolwork this summer and are planning to have him start as a Junior with his peers. He is reading and listening in class with no symptoms. He wants to run cross country next fall and I am going to do everything in my power to not have him wrestle again!! He still talks about it and i do not have the heart to depress him now. God help me fight that battle. Hugs, best wishes and lots of hope to all you PCS sufferers. You are the heroes and you will get better. Stay on course and be positive. Alot of support is coming your way. Check out this website and new video. www.thehiddenepidemic.com it is very informative.
Nancy F is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote