View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 06:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi dfphillips,

Welcome to the forum! If I were in your place I would call the Dr. and ask what is going on, usually it takes at the most 2 weeks to get an e.e.g. report and MRI report. If the Dr, continues not to let you know what's going on keep calling and take my word they will finally let you know what's going on.

I've had epilepsy for 41 yrs. along with 2 brain surgeries to help reduce my seizures (sz.) I have found seeing an Epileptologist (Dr. specializing in epilepsy) at an Epilepsy Center the best thing I ever did. These Drs. have much more info on epilepsy and how to treat it than any neuro I have ever seen plus I have had to take the least sz. meds while seeing a Epileptologist.

Just like you I have simple partial sz. along with absence and complex partial sz. When I start to have a simple partial sz. I will see colors flashing back and forth in my eyes, get a nervous feeling in my stomach and sometimes hear one word repeated over and over again when nobody is really saying anything. My Dr. told me that the minute I start to have any signs of a simple partial sz. to tighten up all the muscles in my body and make my hands into tight fists by doing this it stops the sz. and it works great. You may want to give it a try if you wish.

If you haven't started to keep track of your sz. get a calendar and write down what time you have a sz. along with a description. By doing this you may see a pattern in your sz. I often have sz. early in the morning or late afternoon on certain days of the month. I also have noticed when I'm sick or a low pressure in the weather is coming in that I have more sz. not to mention hormones changing each month when I had my monthly cycle.

To find the right sz. med for yourself ask your Dr. to do a DNA test on you this will show what sz. med will work the best for you with the least side effects. I had this done only to find out I'm drug resistant to all sz. meds out on the market right now. I do take vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day at this has reduced my sz. greatly. Cut back on caffeine, starch foods, and carbs and if you use a cell phone take note if you have a sz. during or after you have used your phone because sometimes a person can be cell phone sensitive meaning the frequency that the cell phone is using can trigger sz. One thing that can really trigger sz. for many people is nutra sweet or any artificial sweetners so be aware of that also. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote