View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 06:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7 View Post
But if someone can somehow scientifically prove both of my beliefs false (the 1st belief being that I have no control and no choice over the depression from this thought and the 2nd belief which is that it is going to last all day everyday for years or even my entire life), then that will instantly get rid of the depression from this thought once and for all. But however, if no one can scientifically prove both of my beliefs false, not only will I experience no control over the depression from this thought all day everyday due to my 1st belief, but also that my 2nd belief is going to make the depression from this thought last all day everyday for years or even my entire life.
I'm not sure anyone here, is qualified to 'prove scientifically' your beliefs 'false'.
Do you really mean, you'd instantly be rid of these thoughts, if this was scientifically proven, how so?

The Depression thread on NeuroTalk is used, but sparingly. Have you checked out Psych Central, the Depression board there?

Have you tried CBT, in a therapy setting? What does your diagnosing doctor have to say about your wonderments?
GladysD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-29-2013)