View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 03:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

http://www.ketaminebladdersyndrome.c...anagement.html

While it might be the CRPS, ketamine comes along with this risk and I wouldn't risk presuming it to be spread. I have been considering asking about ketamine for my pain but this thread confirms my concerns about it. I would think that any good doc prescribing ketamine would want to play it safe should symptoms such as these arise. My advice would be to make an urgent appointment with the prescribing doctor. I have read of a few docs blaming bladder symptoms on CRPS spread after ketamine treatment and this concerns me a lot. How on Earth do they know it's not the ketamine when it's such a common problem or are they covering their backs in fear of a legal claim? After all noone can prove it's not CRPS. I wonder if there's a way to prove whether it is the ketamine or not. First step is to discuss it with the doc and don't accept anything as fact without a solid explanation and/or investigation. I can Iimagine how much easier it would be to accept the idea of CRPS rather than ketamine bladder, I know if ketamine was helping my pain I wouldn't want to hear it might be harming me either. I genuinely hope that regardless of cause the problem gets better for you asap xxx
KathyUK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote