View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 10:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED View Post
Its a lonely feeling, being in this condition, it feels hopeless, no one can do anything. Today i pushed the issue with my nuerologist to confirm what is happening to me he said mri normal there is nothing wrong. I said aside the fact i have a concussion, he replied i bumped my head he said because nothing shows on mri he cant speculate. Nevertheless he said my symptoms r from me bumping my head that in time it should resolve. I mentioned other tests, such as fmri, eeg, pet etc... he said not necessary. He said to get another opinion , from a different neurologist. Im going crazy.
An option to seeing another neurologist would be to consult with a clinical neuropsychologist. A clinical neuropsychologist specializes in brain/behavior relationships; their approach is more focused on resolving cognitive, behavioral and emotional deficits than a neurologist typically would be. A full neuropsychological assessment would be expensive but if you have health insurance this may be covered.

Your injury is fairly recent. Progress in TBI recovery is more often measured in weeks or months rather than days. Your recent posts have more detail and seem more thought out and focused than your early posts, which in and of itself suggests you are already improving.

Look for the positives rather than dwelling on the negatives. You can’t change the fact that you suffered a concussion, but you can be an active participant in your recovery. As Mark stated your anxiety is not helpful. People recover. Wishing you progress each day.
What Happened: On November 29, 2010, I was walking across the street and was hit by a light rail commuter train. Result was a severe traumatic brain injury and multiple fractures (skull, pelvis, ribs). Total hospital stay was two months, one in ICU followed by an additional month in neuro-rehab. Upon hospital discharge, neurological testing revealed deficits in short term memory, executive functioning, and spatial recognition.

Today: Neuropsychological examination five months post-accident indicated a return to normal cognitive functioning, and I returned to work approximately 6 months after the accident. I am grateful to be alive and am looking forward to enjoying the rest of my life.
Lightrail11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MiaVita2012 (06-23-2013)