View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 11:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Follow Up- Not Doing Well

So, I am a few weeks in to my treatment and not much luck. 20 mg of Predisone and 30 mg of Mestinon twice a day. I follow up with the neuro in a couple of weeks but I feel like crap. I think I might be going through a relapse of some kind. Not only is my vision still a problem, but my balance is off and my muscles are weak. My neck muscles are weak and I have to force my head from leaning to the right at times. This is causing neck pain. My legs tremble when I strain them, and relaxing them ease the stress. I have another MRI Monday for them to check some things out. I told the Nurse Practitioner that I didn't think my visual symptoms added up to MG so she wants me to meet with the doctor. I am going to ask for a Tensilon test at the Mayo Clinic to see if it temporary relieves the eye issues to give us some direction and to convince me its MG. I don't want to be on steroids if it's not because of the MG. I think I am past the terrified stage and I'm just at the point of coping with all of this the best I can. On top of these issues, I feel like my concentration and my short term memory is poor. Just turned 27 two days ago and I feel like I'm 60 lol.
strizzlow20 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote