View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 02:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Are My Absence Seizures Progressing Or Is It Something Else?

Thanks for reading this.

Long story short. I saw a Neurologist 2 years ago. He performed an EEG and said there were a couple of spikes and suggested a follow up in 6 months which I did not do as we moved interstate
I was diagnosed with absence seizures and put on Tegretol. The seizures only happen now when I am really tired on exercising too much at the gym and overheating.

I have had one eyelid that for as long as I can remember has spasms. I actually took a video of it yesterday on my mobile phone to see what actually happens. The eyelid doesn't close, it just droops ever so slightly and then returns to normal. It is a really slow, definite movement but is over in a second.
These spasm's have increased to a ridiculous amount in the last 3 weeks. It seems to occur every 2 minutes.

In addition I have developed spasms in fingers on both hands. It started about 3 months ago in one finger on one hand and has now progressed to 4 fingers between both hands. If I am using my mobile, my finger will twitch and open up screens I had no intention of opening. I have dropped things also.

If it makes sense, at times I can watch my fingers and my brain feels the twitch but I cannot see my fingers move. Other times I certainly see movement.

My electrolytes are all good, I even take a supplement drink at the gym. I have been on a weight loss journey for over 12 months and have lost over 10 kilos and come off blood pressure meds. I am 41.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again.
josielee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote