View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 02:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Angry Painful foot from post great toe fusion!

So glad to find this forum! I am so discouraged right now all I can do is cry! In March of 2011 I had hallus rigidus of my lt great toe. It was so bad that I had to have a toe fusion. I had injured my toe with a pressure washer several yrs prior. After my toe fusion I had two screws removed 01/2012. I had to do this because the head of one screw was so close to my skin you could feel it with a finger. Both scres were removed with teriible difficulty! I have suffered from this since. I went back to the podiatrist/surgeon twice since the removal because my foot stayed so swollen and blue at the incision site as well as the base of my toes!(They are also terribly numb) I was told it was just gonna take time! This past Tuesday I had ankle pain so bad (like a bad sprain) I could not even walk! The pain (burning pain) started radiating up my calf several weeks ago! I made an appt to see a Orthopedic surgeon and saw him today. X rays were made before I actually saw him. I had swelling on top of my foot with bluish color at base of my toes and at incsion site. He told me that the x rays were perfectly normal and the reason my ankle hurt was because of the gait that I had. All I needed was some good compression socks and good shoes and it would resolve itself. I ask him about the swelling and discoloration and he had no response but did ask if I had diabetic neuropathy (which I am not diabetic). He sent me home with a ankle brace and no intentions of doing an MRI or bone study! I am so discouraged and feel I am going crazy! I am a RN at a dialysis unit and I have insurance. I was so talked down to and treated like it didn't matter all the pain and suffering that I had endured. Just makes me mad!
mamabear57 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote