View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 04:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkette View Post
Hi joiselee,

Welcome to the forum! Just like you I have had absence and complex partial sz. for 41 yrs. and often I will get a muscle spasm around my mouth right before I start to have a complex partial sz.
Stress and lack of sleep are the 2 main things that can trigger sz. for a person. If you are working out to the point where you are tired this along with the heat you feel may be triggering the sz. you are having. I know if I'm really tired or if I'm showering and the water is to hot it will trigger a sz. for me.
If I may ask do you use your cell phone often? The reason why I'm asking is because I recently found out I am cell phone sensitive meaning that if I'm around people using cell phones it will trigger a sz. for me do to the frequency of the cell phone. I found this out when I had my e.e.g. done and they turned on their cell phones during the test I was in another room so I had no idea that they were doing this and each time the cell phones were fired up it caused a sz. for me. Keep track of that and see if this is what's causing to much electrical activity in your brain and causing all the muscle spasms. I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Thank you so much for the quick reply Sue.
I don't use my mobile a lot for phone calls, mainly internet.
Funnily enough the spasms in my eye & fingers are less when I exercise
I had a week off the gym due to tonsilitis & the spasms were that bad I thought I was going insane.

I have not been sleeping well, on top of that I care for my hubby & we have twins who are nearly 4. I know stress & lack of sleep can increase my seizures but since the doc increased my Tegretol, they have been decreased significantly.

It's these spasms in my fingers that are really upsetting me because it's a new symptom.
The waiting list to see a neuro is about a year.

Thanks again Sue. I truly appreciate your input.
josielee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote