View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default By OPTIONS...

I mean that any doc who doesn't try to TRY to find alternative medications and therapies isn't really doing anything at all for the patient. Those docs who say 'there's nothing to be done for it' really aren't on the ball. By doing NOTHING they can be doing us harm either due to ignorance or stupidity.

Options mean finding a doc who knows that new anti-seizure meds are being developed all the time and will TRY them for those of us with the many nerve pains... That's been my case, and most of the meds many of us take are approved for use by insurance companies, but are considered 'off-label' use by the FDA...

The hardest issues at times are the ones that can't be seen. Our pain is usually not visible nor clearly tested. If physicians encounter those of us with these strange short-circuits, it's most likely that they've not HAD a patient and only read of similar cases way back in med school.

Back to OPTIONS, it's up to US to find options -better diagnosticians and treatments. When we are such a small percentage of the population having complex symptoms that resemble hundreds of other conditions-finding the experts to diagnose us so we can be treated is what we have to do!

Not all docs are bad guys. I sure hope that you find that one GOOD guy that you need! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote